ROCKFORD COMMUNITY INFORMATION
Rockford has so much to offer. Full of culture and diversity, arts and education, Rockford combines the sophistication of larger cities with a comforting small town appeal. With the peaceful Rock River traveling through the city’s center, Rockford’s scenic community features tree-lined streets, expansive shopping options, award-winning restaurants, and an array of entertainment venues for all-ages. And, Money Magazine has recognized Rockford as one of the top 200 safest places to live, and AOL’s Homestore.com ranks Rockford among the 10 most affordable places to live in the U.S.
Rockford prides itself on the vast collection of theaters, museums, educational institutes, festivals and rich history that it delivers to the people who proudly call Rockford home. Come along and visit for a weekend getaway, or settle-down and start of home, Rockford warmly welcomes you.
- Anderson Gardens: Voted #1 Japanese Garden in North America by the Roth Journal
- Burpee Museum: Home to Jane the Dinosaur, the most complete juvenile T-Rex in the world
- Discovery Center Museum: Ranked the fourth best children’s museum in the U.S.
- 37 Golf courses, including the #1 rated public golf course in the State of Illinois
- The Coronado Theatre: Nationally recognized as the #1 1920s Atmospheric Theater
- Starlight Theater: Architectural Digest Award winner
- Nationally acclaimed in Sport Illustrated as a “SportsTown USA”
- Pro-Am Golf Tourney: Oldest in the U.S.
- Rockford IceHogs: The AHL affiliate of the Chicago Blackhawks